How To Apply
We are still accepting applications for the 2023-2024 school year for grade 9 applicants on a rolling basis. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible as there are limited seats available.
If you are applying as a transfer to grade 10 or 11, please contact the admissions office at 857-220-2472 or at [email protected]
Step 1: Confirm Eligibility
- Applicant must be a rising 9th, 10th or 11th grader for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Applicant must be 14 years old by September 1.
- Applicant must have a valid Social Security Card or have legal status to work in the United States and the supporting legal documentation to verify employability.
- The applicant’s family must be financially eligible. Almost all families have income at or below the Boston poverty line.
- Cristo Rey Boston applicants are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated for COVID 19*
*Work Study Disclaimer - Corporate Work Study staff endeavor to match students to job placements that meet or further their educational and career goals. Partner employers reserve the right to require various vaccines and medical clearance, especially those in the early education, hospitality, healthcare, and life-science industries. If a student worker is not able to provide proof of being fully up to date on all vaccines and boosters, including COVID and Flu vaccines, this may jeopardize their ability to be placed in their preferred work setting. All Cristo Rey Boston students are required to work and fully participate in work-study.
Step 2: Create an Online Account
Cristo Rey Boston has partnered with Ravenna Solutions to provide a complete online experience for families. You may submit forms, register for events, request teacher recommendations, track receipt of application documents, and receive decision notifications through the Ravenna parent portal.
- The first step in the application process is to create an account in Ravenna.
- Create a student profile and be sure to use an email address that you will have access to throughout the entire admissions process.
Step 3: Submit the Application
Step 4: Schedule a Knight for a Day Visit or Student Interview
- The Knight for a Day visit or interview can be scheduled in your Ravenna account.
Step 5: Complete the Student Short Answer Question
- Please have your student complete the Student Short Answer Question.
Step 6: Request Teacher Recommendation Forms & Transcript Request
- English teacher, math teacher, and counselor recommendations, and transcript requests are assigned, completed, and submitted electronically through Ravenna.
Step 7: Track the Status of Your Application
- Periodically log into your Ravenna account to track the status of your online application.