I hope all are well. This is the second summer update from our COVID Task Force.
Our plan is to welcome students back to Cristo Rey Boston’s campus during late August. Grade level orientations will take place during the week of August 24 and classes for all begin on August 31 with live instruction.
Here are the updates:
1. Health Office & Nurse - We are happy to announce that we will staff the school with a full-time nurse during normal school hours as well as a dedicated health office during the school day. This office will have the mandated supplies and isolation rooms in the event students are not feeling well.
2. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - Cristo Rey Boston has placed an initial order for approximately an 8-week supply of hand sanitizer, masks, gloves and other supplies for our staff and students.
3. Room Space - We are fortunate, as our classroom space is larger than most other schools. Over the next several weeks we will be looking at classroom setups that meet the requirements for live instruction.
4. Corporate Work Study - CWSP is grateful to report that most of our corporate partners are in the process of renewing their partnership with Cristo Rey Boston for the upcoming school year. We therefore expect that we will have jobs for most of our students. CWSP will be carefully following the guidance of both the State and the City of Boston with regards to student health and safety.
What we need from you at this time:
1. Immunization Records and Physicals - We are asking families to please be sure that all health records and immunizations are up to date. Please submit an up to date copy of your child’s physical and immunization records to Ms. Ortiz in the main office.
2. Returning to School - If you feel uncomfortable about sending your child back to school for medical or health reasons, we ask that you notify us. Please contact Ms. Ortiz via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Live Presentation - We are hosting a live Zoom presentation on Wednesday July 22, 2020 at 6pm. We will have a 6:30 presentation in Spanish. This will be an update on the actions that the school administration has taken to prepare to open the school building in August. We will send information out next week.