How It Works
The Corporate Work Study Program
The Corporate Work Study Program, Inc. at Cristo Rey Boston High School seeks full-time, entry-level, clerical positions for bright, motivated students. Our young professionals will perform tasks such as filing, copying, faxing, delivering inter-office mail, assembling information packets, basic data-entry, reception, and general "go for" duties.
How it Works
Companies contract with the Corporate Work Study Program for full-time, entry-level, clerical jobs.
- Four students share one job. The business is covered Monday through Friday.
- Students rotate their schedules, each working five full days a month. Academic schedules are structured so that students never miss a class.
- Students work standard business hours, usually 8:30-9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, from August through mid-June.
- Students are employees of the Corporate Work Study Program, not the Sponsors. Companies pay a flat fee to CWSP for one full-time Corporate Work Study Team; CWSP handles all payroll, W-4, I-9, Worker's Compensation, FICA and FUTA paperwork, as well as all routine employer issues. Each student earns towards their tuition.
- The Corporate Work Study Program is separately incorporated, functioning like a temporary employment agency within Cristo Rey Boston High School.
- Corporate Partners are charged a competitive fee for the services of the students. It is less expensive to hire a team of our students than it is to employ a full-time employee at your firm.
7:20 - 8:00 AM - Check-in at Cristo Rey Boston and depart for work in school vehicles or by MBTA.
8:30-9:00 AM - Arrive at work.
ALL DAY - Work according to Sponsor's schedules, including lunch.
4:30-5:00 PM - Leave work & check out at school
All student workers are responsible for submitting electronic time cards at the end of their workday. The link to access the system is https://boston.crey.org/
Current Corporate Partners looking for information regarding online checkout can click here.
The Corporate Work Study Program runs from August through mid-June. Students follow the Sponsor's calendar, except for the following holidays: Christmas Break, Thanksgiving, February Break, and Spring Break. Other non-working holidays will be discussed with Sponsors. It is possible that Sponsors may retain the same students the following academic year, as well as hire them during the summer.