Knight for a Day is Cristo Rey Boston's applicant shadow program and the first step in the application process. During the visit, students:
- Attend classes with current Cristo Rey Boston students
- Have a chance to ask questions
- Write the application essay.
- Participate in an interview with a Cristo Rey Boston staff member.
- Learn about the Corporate Work Study Program.
To participate in the Knight for a Day program, students schedule a visit by phone, email, sign up at a school fair or during a middle school classroom visit.
Knight for a Day visits take place on most Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from the middle of October through May. The day begins at 7:30 am and ends at 1:00 pm.
Each visit Knight must bring a completed Student Application Form signed by a parent or guardian. This serves as the student application as well as permission for participation in the program. We cannot allow any student to participate as a Knight for a Day without this paperwork.
Please be aware of several important guidelines and expectations:
- Students should arrive no later than 7:30 am. If you will be traveling via public transportation, please be mindful of delays.
- Enter through the main entrance and report to the Main Office. Visiting Knights will be paired with current Cristo Rey Boston students.
- All visiting Knights need to be in the Cristo Rey Boston dress code.
- The dress code ensures that every student will dress in a professional, modest, conservative and safe manner, with attention to good hygiene. The school's dress code corresponds to business attire.
- Business attire includes dress pants, dress socks, dress shoes, a collared shirt and tie for boys. Girls may wear dress pants or a skirt with a collared shirt, or a dress. Clothing should be modest. Our dress code does not contain sneakers or hooded sweatshirts.
- In addition to business attire, visiting Knights may also wear their current school uniforms